Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Country Fun

I recently made a trip over the mountains to Wenatchee, one of my favorite places in Washington. The desert landscape, big skies and wineries make it a very beautiful place. This first shot was taken on a hike right in the town. I love the rolling hills covered in shrubs and grasses leading to the lone tree at the top. On the way down we got caught in a downpour that sent us sliding down the hill in the mud.


The other highlight of the trip was going to a local winery's tomato festival. Beautiful heirloom varieties, delicious food, good wine and live music made for a very fun evening.


The White Heron Cellars Winery looks out over fields of vines with the Columbia River Gorge as the backdrop. Just as the sun was low in the sky, I captured this shot that to me really represented the feel of place. The country in the old truck, the majestic beauty in the landscape and the wine in the cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment