Thursday, September 27, 2012

Colorado

Just got back from a week in Colorado. I'd never been to the state before and was really excited to check it out. Before and after shooting a lovely wedding west of Denver I had lots of time to explore. My first stop was Idaho Springs, a quaint old mining town. I was told not to miss Beau Jo's Pizza where you put honey on the crust(yum!).



The aspens were starting to turn and when they faded from yellow to orange and blew in the wind they really looked to be on fire! I drove my rental car over mountain passes and up bumpy dirt roads in search of more quaking aspen views.




 Allie & Alden's wedding was at a beautiful ranch at 9,000 feet. The day went perfectly and I've never seen so many people on the dance floor!


Afterwards I headed to Boulder, taking the scenic route through the Rocky Mountain National Park. I definitely felt the altitude here at 12, 000 feet!


Boulder is just as outdoorsy and beautiful as everyone says and I got to enjoy one day of climbing at the Flatirons.




All in all a great trip to the rocky state. Time to start editing those 2000 weddings shots now...

No comments:

Post a Comment