Monday, July 29, 2013

Corsica Part I

Whew, j'adore ma vie! Sorry I haven't had time to write. Loving Paris right now. Going back to Corsica, here are my favorite shots from the first few days in Bastia. What an incredible place! Old apartment buildings on steep narrow streets, the Citadel and the Vieux Port line the waterfront. La mer is an unbelievable blue color. I love the story that all the shudders are painted with the same green paint left over from World War II. Driving the rental car up the tiny streets was quite a challenge, one that I enjoyed. It stayed light until 10pm and we easily were up until 3am chatting with friends in cafés, watching fireworks on Bastille Day or dancing at street festivals. Oh and drinking lots of local Rosé! It's truly magical (but don't tell anyone).


 Ma muse Julia







No comments:

Post a Comment