Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day trip to Beacon, NY

Last week I wanted to get out of the city and explore a little. So I headed north on the train to Beacon, NY. Beacon is a small town about 60 miles up the Hudson River and is known for it's art scene. It's home to Dia Beacon, a monstrous and beautiful modern art museum that used to be a Nabisco box printing factory. So I rented a Canon 16-35mm lens to check out and caught the Metro North train from Grand Central. 



My favorite: a Richard Serra


After the museum I wondered the town. People were friendly and although it was chilly, it was nice and sunny out. Cute cafés, vintage clothing shops and funky art galleries line Main street. 




As the sun lowered in the sky I caught the train back to the city. I didn't quite get my fill of nature and fresh air, but Beacon did quench the thirst for art and exploration.

This is my favorite shot from the day. Oh and the 16-35mm is a great lens, but since I mostly shot at 24 I think it's too wide for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment