Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Squamish, BC

What's better than stressing about the economy? Traveling of course! I've gotten to take two little trips lately that were both wonderful. They couldn't have been more different. First I spent three days climbing in beautiful Canada before flying out to New York City for a week. It was my first time to Squamish and it was very nice of Phil to show me around and take me climbing. Here is 'The Chief', one of the largest granite rocks in Canada (surrounded by kite boarders taking advantage of a town named 'mother of wind') :


We hiked to top of him for an incredible view of the area:


Then naturally, we climbed him. All 700 meters of him. In 15 pitches. It was amazing. I learned how to slab climb, multi-pitch, wrap down and much more. I now want a t-shirt saying, 'I heart slab'. My last climb of the trip I anchored myself at the top so I could photograph Phil climbing it.

The weather was perfect and I highly enjoyed relaxing and pushing my body while soaking up the wilderness. Then I jumped on a plane to soak up the concrete jungle...

No comments:

Post a Comment